S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
General and facile coating of single cells via mild reduction
- Kim, Hyunbum; Shin, Kwangsoo; Park, Ok Kyu; Choi, Daheui; Kim, Hwan D.; Baik, Seungmin; Lee, Soo Hong; Kwon, Seung-Hae; Yarema, Kevin J.; Hong, Jinkee; Hyeon, Taeghwan; Hwang, Nathaniel Suk-Yeon
- Issue Date
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol.140 No.4, pp.1199-1202
- Cell surface modification has been extensively studied to enhance the efficacy of cell therapy. Still, general accessibility and versatility are remaining challenges to meet the increasing demand for cell-based therapy. Herein, we present a facile and universal cell surface modification method that involves mild reduction of disulfide bonds in cell membrane protein to thiol groups. The reduced cells are successfully coated with biomolecules, polymers, and nanoparticles for an assortment of applications, including rapid cell assembly, in vivo cell monitoring, and localized cell-based drug delivery. No adverse effect on cellular morphology, viability, proliferation, and metabolism is observed. Furthermore, simultaneous coating with polyethylene glycol and dexamethasone-loaded nanoparticles facilitates enhanced cellular activities in mice, overcoming immune rejection.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)