S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
A general strategy for site-directed enzyme immobilization by using NiO nanoparticle decorated mesoporous silica
- Ling, Daishun; Gao, Liqian; Wang, Jianpeng; Shokouhimehr, Mohammadreza; Liu, Jiahui; Yu, Yongsheng; Hackett, Michael J.; So, Pui-Kin; Zheng, Bo; Yao, Zhongping; Xia, Jiang; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- Issue Date
- Chemistry - A European Journal, Vol.20 No.26, pp.7916-7921
- Mesoporous materials have recently gained much attention owing to their large surface area, narrow pore size distribution, and superior pore structure. These materials have been demonstrated as excellent solid supports for immobilization of a variety of proteins and enzymes for their potential applications as biocatalysts in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries. However, the lack of efficient and reproducible methods for immobilization has limited the activity and recyclability of these biocatalysts. Furthermore, the biocatalysts are usually not robust owing to their rapid denaturation in bulk solvents. To solve these problems, we designed a novel hybrid material system, mesoporous silica immobilized with NiO nanoparticles (SBA-NiO), wherein enzyme immobilization is directed to specific sites on the pore surface of the material. This yielded the biocatalytic species with higher activity than free enzyme in solution. These biocatalytic species are recyclable with minimal loss of activity after several cycles, demonstrating an advantage over free enzymes.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)