S-Space College of Veterinary Medicine (수의과대학) Dept. of Veterinary Medicine (수의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_수의학과)
A poly(β-amino ester) of spermine and poly(ethylene glycol) diacrylate as a gene carrier
- Jere, D.; Kim, T.-H.; Arote, R.; Jiang, H.-L.; Cho, Myung-Haing; Nah, J.W.; Cho, N.-S.
- Issue Date
- Key Engineering Materials, Vol.342-343, pp.425-428
- Cytotoxicity; Gene delivery; Nonviral vectors; Poly(β-amino ester); Poly(ethylene glycol); Spermine; Transfection
- Vectors are vital aspect of gene delivery system which decides the success of gene therapy. Efficient transfection with minimum or no toxicity, are two principal aims of any gene delivery system. In this our study, we rationally developed biodegradable water soluble poly(β-amino ester) (PAE) based on spermine (SPR) and poly (ethylene glycol) (PEG), by Michael-type addition reaction and further studied for its potential as a gene carrier. Confirmation of synthesized PAE was done by proton NMR spectroscopy. In gel retardation assay, the PAEs have shown good DNA binding ability over wide range of polyplexes. The addition of PEG over SPR resulted in a novel PAE with higher degree of safety and transfection efficiency as compared with polyethylenimine 25K (PEI) when studied in 293T human kidney carcinoma cells.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.