S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Neuroscience (뇌신경과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_뇌신경과학전공)
Renal tissue reconstitution by the implantation of renal segments on biodegradable polymer scaffolds
- Kim, S. S.; Park, H. J.; Han, J.; Choi, C. Y.; Kim, B. S.
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Biotechnol Lett. 2003 Sep;25(18):1505-8.
- *Absorbable Implants; Animals; Animals, Newborn; Cell Division/physiology; Culture Techniques/*methods; Extracellular Matrix/physiology; Graft Survival/*physiology; Kidney/*cytology/*growth & development/surgery; Kidney Transplantation/*methods; Membranes, Artificial; Polyglycolic Acid; Rats; Rats, Sprague-Dawley; Regeneration/*physiology; Tissue Engineering/*methods
- Renal units were created in vivo by transplanting isolated renal segments on three-dimensional, biodegradable polymer scaffolds. Renal segments, freshly isolated from rat kidneys, were seeded on polymer scaffolds and subcutaneously implanted in athymic mice for two and four weeks. Three-dimensional renal reconstructs were formed with glomeruli and tubules, showing a possibility of reconstituting renal structures by transplanting renal segments.
- 0141-5492 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.