S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Immunology (면역학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_면역학전공)
Comparison of Delta FVC (% decrease in FVC at the PC(20)) between cough-variant asthma and classic asthma
- Yoo, Young; Yu, Jinho; Lee, Sun Hee; Kim, Do Kyun; Choi, Sun Hee; Kim, Chang Keun; Koh, Young Yull
- Issue Date
- Taylor & Francis
- J Asthma. 2007 Jan-Feb;44(1):35-8.
- Asthma/*classification/*physiopathology; Bronchial Provocation Tests; Bronchoconstrictor Agents/diagnostic use; Child; Cough/*classification/*physiopathology; Female; Humans; Male; Methacholine Chloride/diagnostic use; Retrospective Studies; Vital Capacity
- The percentage decrease in forced vital capacity (FVC) at the methacholine PC(20) (Delta FVC) has been proposed as a surrogate marker of maximal airway response. The aim of this study was to compare the Delta FVC between patients with cough-variant asthma (CVA) and those with classic asthma (CA). We performed a retrospective analysis of methacholine challenge test data from 47 children who were diagnosed as having CVA and from 75 children who had CA of mild severity. The mean (+/- SD) Delta FVC was significantly (p = 0.001) lower in the CVA group (14.7 +/- 3.4%) compared with the CA group (17.1 +/- 4.4%), whereas PC(20) was not different between the two groups. Our results suggest that CVA is associated with a lower level of maximal airway response than CA.
- 0277-0903 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.