S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Microbiology (미생물학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_미생물학전공)
Rapid and simple identification of Orientia tsutsugamushi from other group rickettsiae by duplex PCR assay using groEL gene
- Park, Hyo-Soon; Lee, Jung-Hee; Jeong, Eun-Ju; Kim, Jung-Eun; Hong, Sung-Jin; Park, Tae-Kyu; Kim, Tae-Yung; Jang, Won-Jong; Park, Kyung-Hee; Kim, Bum-Joon; Kook, Yoon-Hoh; Lee, Seung-Hyun
- Issue Date
- Microbiol Immunol. 2005;49(6):545-9.
- *Bacterial Typing Techniques; DNA, Ribosomal/analysis/genetics; GroEL Protein/*genetics; Orientia tsutsugamushi/genetics/immunology/*isolation &; purification/pathogenicity; Polymerase Chain Reaction; Scrub Typhus/*epidemiology/immunology; *Sequence Analysis, DNA; Typhus, Endemic Flea-Borne/*epidemiology/immunology
- In this study, two new duplex PCR methods based on the groEL gene were developed and investigated for the diagnosis of rickettsiae. The first duplex PCR assay amplified the 229-bp and the 366-bp DNAs of 6 strains including typhus group (TG) and spotted fever group (SFG) rickettsiae, and 5 scrub typhus group (STG) rickettsiae, respectively. The second duplex PCR assay amplified the 397-bp and the 213-bp DNAs of 6 Rickettsia strains and 5 STG strains. These duplex PCR methods could simultaneously perform the rapid identification of rickettsiae and the differential diagnosis of STG and other group rickettsiae in a single reaction.
- 0385-5600 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.