S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine (마취통증의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_마취통증의학전공)
Transfusion for a patient of cis-AB blood type undergoing a redo cardiac operation
- Yoon, S. Z.; Lee, H. M.; Kim, H. S.; Kim, S. D.; Oh, A. Y.; Kim, C. S.
- Issue Date
- Oxford University Press
- Br J Anaesth. 2005 Jun;94(6):733-4. Epub 2005 Mar 4.
- ABO Blood-Group System/*genetics; Adolescent; Blood Grouping and Crossmatching; Blood Transfusion/*methods; Galactosyltransferases/genetics; Heart Defects, Congenital/blood/*surgery; Humans; Male; Point Mutation; Reoperation; Rh-Hr Blood-Group System
- cis-AB, a rare ABO genotype, is the result of a mutated gene resulting in dual specific hybrid enzymes. A single-point mutation reverses the specificity of human blood group B synthesizing galactosyltransferase. This may lead to misclassification in ABO grouping and adverse transfusion reactions. Recently, the authors experienced a case of a patient with cis-AB blood type undergoing pulmonary valve replacement and tricuspid valvuloplasty. We transfused the patient with Rh+ A packed red blood cell, fresh frozen plasma and platelet concentrates without any clinically significant transfusion reactions.
- 0007-0912 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.