S-Space College of Natural Sciences (자연과학대학) Dept. of Physics and Astronomy (물리·천문학부) Physics (물리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_물리학전공)
Zn-triggerd critical behavior of the formation of highly coherent domains in a Mg1-xZnxO thin film on Al2O3
- Kim, Chinkyo; Leem, Shi-Jong; Robinson, Ian K.; Park, Won Il; Kim, D. H.; Yi, Gyu-Chul
- Issue Date
- American Physical Society
- Phys. Rev. B 66, 113404 (2002)
- X-RAY-SCATTERING; MISFIT DISLOCATIONS; ROOM-TEMPERATURE; MGXZN1-XO; EMISSION; SAPPHIRE; GROWTH
- A series of Mg1-xZnxO (x=0, 0.05, 0.10, and 0.15) thin films were grown by metal-organic chemical vapor deposition on a (0001) sapphire substrate, and the structural characteristics of Mg1-xZnxO thin films were investigated by synchrotron x-ray diffraction. The increasing amount of Zn was found to gradually enhance the structural coherence of Mg1-xZnxO films. For a sample with 15 at. % of Zn, in particular, the formation of highly coherent domains in Mg1-xZnxO was observed to be triggered, with an accompanying phase separation of ZnO. An integrated intensity analysis predicted that the critical concentration x(c) of Zn at which the phase separation occurred was 0.086+/-0.015, and that the highly coherent domains in Mg1-xZnxO accounted for 12+/-1%.