S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 27 No.3 (1986)
Cytoplasmic Estradiol and Progesterone Receptors in the Normal and Cancerous Tissues of the Uterine Cervix
자궁경부의 정상 및 암조직에서 에스트라디올 및 프로제스테론 수용체에 관한 연구
- Park, Chan Yong; Shin, Myon Woo; Park, In Sou
- Issue Date
- Seoul J Med, Vol.27 No.3, pp. 245-256
- The changing patterns of estradiol receptorlfi-R) and progesterone receptor(
PR) contents of the normal and cancerous tissues of the cervix were analyzed and the
results were summarized as follows:
L In the premenopausal group, EzR contents were significantly elevated in the secretory
phase than in the proliferative phase but PR contents showed no difference. In the postmenopausal
cervix, PR contents showed an apparent decrease than in the premenopause.
And the positive rates of both receptors dropped significiantly in postmenopausal group
compared to premenopause (p < 0.05).
2. The effect of gravidity and pairty of EzR and PR contents was not evident except
significant decrease in EzR contents in the group of parity of more than 5.
3. Correlation between EzR and PR contents in the normal cervical tissues was significant
in the premenopause but not in the postmenopause.
4. Cancerous changes from the normal cervical tissues had no effect on EzR and PR
5. PR contents in the non-keratinizing cervical carcinoma were significantly higher than in
the keratinizing type (p < 0.05) but change of EzR contents was not prominent.
6. The relationship of EzR and PR contents of cervical carcinoma with clinical stage and
histopathologic parameters such as nuclear grade, mitotic rate, and lymphoid infiltration was