S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 26 No.2 (1985)
Effects of Increased Tissue Pressure upon Nerve Conduction Velocity
조직내압 상승이 신경전도 속도에 미치는 영향
|dc.contributor.author||Suk, Se Il||-|
|dc.contributor.author||Han, Tai Ryoon||-|
|dc.contributor.author||Lee, Sang Hoon||-|
|dc.identifier.citation||Seoul J Med, Vol.26 No.2, pp. 163-169||-|
|dc.description.abstract||Studying changes of nerve conduction velocity may be useful in the diagnosis,
treatment and prognosis of the compartmental syndrome. An experimental model was made
to keep the hind leg of the rabbit at the constant pressure of 80 mm Hg, 120 mm Hg and
160 mm Hg during 6 hours and 12 hours using volume expander.
Experiments were performed in 6 groups (Group 1; 80 mm Hg-6 hours, Group 2; 120
mm Hg-6 hours, Group 3; 160 mm Hg-6 hours, Group 4; 80 mm Hg-12 hours, Group
5; 120 mm Hg-12 hours, Group 6; 160 mm Hg-12 hours) to study the early decrease of
nerve conduction velocity and the late recovery for 16 weeks, and following results were
1. Nerve coduction velocity fell 95.8 per cent at 80 mm Hg in 4 hours, 93.4 per cent at 120
mm Hg in 2 hours and 95.5 per cent at 60 mm Hg in 1 hour.
2. Almost complete recovery was observed in Group 1 with the level of 95 per cent
3. Time and pressure were both important factors to the recovery of the nerve conduction
velocity and the longer the pressurized time and the higher the applied pressure the less
recovery was seen.
4. Reduction of nerve conduction velocity was observed early in the compartmental syndrome
and this was considered significant in the diagnosis of compartmental syndrome.
|dc.publisher||Seoul National University College of Medicine||-|
|dc.subject||Tissue pressure, ,||-|
|dc.subject||Nerve conduction velocity||-|
|dc.title||Effects of Increased Tissue Pressure upon Nerve Conduction Velocity||-|
|dc.title.alternative||조직내압 상승이 신경전도 속도에 미치는 영향||-|
|dc.citation.journaltitle||서울 의대 잡지||-|
|dc.citation.journaltitle||서울 의대 학술지||-|
|dc.citation.journaltitle||Seoul Journal of Medicine||-|
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원)Dept. of Medicine (의학과)The Seoul Journal of MedicineThe Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 26 No.2 (1985)