S-Space College of Dentistry/School of Dentistry (치과대학/치의학대학원) Dept. of Dentistry (치의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_치의학과)
Diagnostic imaging of pigmented villonodular synovitis of the temporomandibular joint associated with condylar expansion
- Song, M-Y; Heo, M-S; Lee, S-S; Choi, S-C; Park, T-W; Lim, C-Y; Lim, J-J
- Issue Date
- Dentomaxillofacial Radiology 1999; 28: 386-390
- temporomandibular joint diseases; synovitis, pigmented villonodular; magnetic resonance imaging; tomography, x-ray computed
- Pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) is a rare lesion of the temporomandibular joint. We
report a case which was initially misdiagnosed as a parotid tumor. CT revealed a well-de®ned
mass demonstrating higher attenuation than the adjacent soft tissue with marked expansion of
the mandibular condyle. MRI clearly delineated the extent of the lesion which had very low
signal intensity on both T1W and T2W sequences due to the eect of hemosiderin. The
usefulness of these imaging procedures in diagnosis of PVNS is discussed.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.