S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Surgery (외과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_외과학전공)
Circummuscular variant of the deep inferior epigastric perforator in breast reconstruction: importance of preoperative multidetector computed tomographic angiography
- Heo, Chanyeong; Yoo, Jihan; Minn, Kyungwon; Kim, Sungwon
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2008 ;32(5):817-9.
- Adult; Angiography/*methods; Breast Neoplasms/pathology/surgery; Epigastric Arteries/*abnormalities/surgery; Female; Follow-Up Studies; Graft Survival; Humans; Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Mammaplasty/adverse effects/*methods; Mastectomy, Radical/methods; Preoperative Care; Rectus Abdominis/*blood supply/surgery; Risk Assessment; Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy/methods; Surgical Flaps/blood supply; *Tomography, X-Ray Computed; Treatment Outcome; Wound Healing
- The deep inferior epigastric artery perforator is reliable and widely used in breast reconstruction. The anatomy and course of deep inferior epigastric vessels and their branches are relatively constant and well understood. However, some published cases with a direct perforating pattern and no intramuscular traveling were identified. A case involving a circummuscular variant of a deep inferior epigastric artery perforator is described as well as its clinical importance. This apprises clinicians who perform a transverse rectus abdominis muscle free flap procedure that there can be a rare circummuscular pedicle variant and that it is vulnerable to injury.
- 1432-5241 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.