S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Effect of Organic Additives on Ceria Slurry in Shallow Trench Isolation Chemical Mechanical Planarization
- Kang, Min Cheol; Kim, Jae Jeong; Moon, Doo-Kyung
- Issue Date
- Japan Society of Applied Physics
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 44(2005) 5949–5952
- An increase in the removal selectivity between silicon oxide and silicon nitride was attempted by adding organic additives to a
ceria slurry for the application of shallow trench isolation (STI) chemical mechanical planarization (CMP). The protection
behavior of poly(acrylic acid) (PAA) and the acceleration behavior of RE-610 in a ceria slurry were studied. PAA served as a
protector of the silicon nitride due to the change in zeta potential. RE-610 worked as a hydration accelerator of the silicon
oxide. When the two additives were added to the ceria slurry, the removal selectivity increased to 31 : 1. Moreover, PAA
improved the stability of the ceria slurry.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.