S-Space College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (농업생명과학대학) The Arboretum, Seoul National University (수목원) Bulletin of the arboretum Seoul National University (수목원 연보) Bulletin of the arboretum Seoul National University no.09 (1989)
Flora of Mt. Kwan-ak
- 金泰旭; 田承勳
- Issue Date
- The Arboretum, Seoul National University
- Bulletin of the Seoul National University Arboretum, no.9, pp.1-19
- This study was conducted to know about the member of endemic species in Mt. Kwan-ak
and to provide the fundamental information for the conservation of natural ecosystem of this
region. Field survey was carried out six times during the period from Sept. to Oct. 1989.
The results obtained from this study were as follows:
1) Vascular plants observed was 86 family, 232 genus, 384 species.
2) Among the three restrict investigated, course I (Kwacheon-Mt. Yonju-Bulseong Temple)
showed the most abundant flora (324 species).
3) Endemic species of Korea observed in Mt. Kwan-ak were 11 species. They are Carpinus
coreana, Salix hulteni, Deutzia coreana, Vaccinium koreanum, Buxus microphylla var. koreana,
Buxus microphylla var. koreana for. elonga?a, Weigela subsessilis, Clematis trichotoma,
Scrophularia koraiensis, Chrysanthemum zawadskii, Forsythia saxatilis etc.
4) Rare species of Korea observed in Mt. Kwan-ak were Chrysanthemum zawadskii, Metaplexis
japonica, Gentiana scabra var. buergeri, Pyrola japonica etc.
And more than 40 plant species inculding Corylus sieboldiana var. mandshurica, Salix hulteni,
Aceriphyllum rossii, Oxalis obtriangulata, Impatiens noli-tangere, Adenophora remotiflora,
Liparis makinoana etc. were showed only a few individuals, therefore, an emergent conservation
policy is needed for these species.