S-Space Kyujanggak Institute for Korean Studies (규장각한국학연구원) Korean Culture (한국문화) Korean Culture (한국문화) vol.51 (2010)
고려시대 朝賀儀 의례 구조의 변동과 국가 위상
The Structural Change of Joha(朝賀) Ritual and National Status in the Koryo Dynasty
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 규장각한국학연구원
- 한국문화, Vol.51, pp. 223-264
- This thesis is about performance aspect aud structure of Joha(朝賀) ritual aud their
chauge in the Koryo dynasty. It's result is as follows.
1. The structure of Joha(!l\Ij~) ritual in the Koryo dynasty was trausformed since
the period of Yuau Domination. Joha ritual in the Early Koryo dynasty was
composed of ceremony in which king just received his subject's Joha, while the
ceremony since the period of Yuau Domination added ceremony in which king as
imperial subject offered his congratulation on emperor's holiday.
2. The structure of Joha ritual since the period of Yuau Domination continued
during the Joseon Dynasty.
3. Generally Joha ritual performed regularly during the Koryo dynasty
4. In the Aspect of structure aud characteristics of Joha ritual, the period of Yuau
Domination aud period of late Koryo aud early Joseon dynasty were generally
homogeneous. However in continuity of such a long period, there were chauges
including king's official uniform. The homogeneity of two periods in the aspect of
structure aud characteristics of Joha ritual resulted from a fact that national status of
two periods both was independent state aud a part of emperor. Difference in two
periods in such a homogeneity arosed from diverse way in that nation existed as a
part of emperor.