S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Architecture and Architectural Engineering (건축학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_건축학과)
A block transportation scheduling system considering a minimisation of travel distance without loading of and interference between multiple transporters
- Roh, Myung-Il; Cha, Ju-Hwan
- Issue Date
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRODUCTION RESEARCH; Vol.49 11; 3231-3250
- block transportation scheduling; shipbuilding; multi-objective optimisation problem; transporter; genetic algorithm; ant algorithm
- Material transportation scheduling problems concerning scheduling optimisation have been extensively investigated by researchers in such fields as industrial engineering and management science. Various algorithms have been proposed to solve such problems. However, the majority of these algorithms cannot be applied to a block transportation problem when a shipyard that uses a transporter, a large vehicle employed for moving weight, is considered. In this study, a hybrid optimisation algorithm is proposed for solving a block transportation problem when multiple transporters are used. With regards to the transporters, a minimisation of the travel distance without loading of and interference between the transporters is considered. A block transportation scheduling system is then developed based on the proposed algorithm. The developed system is applied to an actual block transportation scheduling problem of a shipyard. From the attained results, we demonstrate that the proposed algorithm has the ability to effectively solve the block transportation scheduling problems of a shipyard.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.