S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Psychiatry (정신과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_정신과학전공)
Up-regulation of cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript (CART) in the rat nucleus accumbens after repeated electroconvulsive shock
Cited 14 time in Web of Science Cited 15 time in Scopus
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER IRELAND LTD
- NEUROSCIENCE RESEARCH; Vol.65 2; 210-213
- CART ; Electroconvulsive shock ; Nucleus accumbens ; Depression ; CREB
- Cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript (CART) peptide regulates appetite, reward, and mood. CART expression is regulated via the protein kinase A (PKA) pathway, and electroconvulsive shock (ECS), an efficient antipsychotic and antidepressant measure, activates PKA-related signaling. Thus, we hypothesized that ECS may regulate the expression of CART. ECS given daily for five consecutive days increased CART mRNA and protein in the rat nucleus accumbens (NAc), accompanied by an increase in CREB phosphorylation. Our results suggest that ECS-induced CART up-regulation might be associated with PKA-CREB signaling, but the causal direction remains to be elucidated in future studies. (C) 2009 Elsevier Ireland Ltd and the Japan Neuroscience Society. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원)Psychiatry (정신과학전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_정신과학전공)
Items in S-Space are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.