S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Non-linear molecular pattern classification using molecular beaconswith multiple targets
- Lee, In-Hee; Lee, Seung Hwan; Park, Tai Hyun; Zhang, Byoung-Tak
- Issue Date
- Elsevier Ireland Ltd
- Biosystems Vol.111 No.3, pp. 206-213
- 복합학; DNA computing; Molecular pattern classification; Non-linear classification; Molecular beacons; Biological data analysis
- In vitro pattern classification has been highlighted as an important future application of DNA computing. Previous work has demonstrated the feasibility of linear classifiers using DNA-based molecular computing. However, complex tasks require non-linear classification capability. Here we design a molecular beacon that can interact with multiple targets and experimentally shows that its fluorescent signals form a complex radial-basis function, enabling it to be used as a building block for non-linear molecular classification in vitro. The proposed method was successfully applied to solving artificial and real-world classification problems: XOR and microRNA expression patterns.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.