S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 04 No.2 (1963)
흰쥐에 있어서 자극된 근의 수축량 및 혈장량에 관한 실험
Water eontent and tissue plasma volume of stimulated rat gastrocnemius muscle.
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med, Vol.4 No.2, pp. 7-10
- Gastrocnemius muscle of 27 rats were stimulated
intermittently and tetanically for 30 minutes. The
total number of contractions was 7,000. The following
results were obtained.
1. There was an increase in the water content of the
stimulated muscle. The water content in resting
muscle was 75.8% and that in the stimulated muscle
2. The increase in water content of stimulated muscle
was found to be in the increase in extracellular
water, namely, plasma volume (RISA distribution
volume) and thiocyanate space. Thiocyanate space
increased from 18.3% to 26.0% muscle weight.
Plasma volume increased from 1.7% to 6.0% and
tissue blood volume from 3.1% to 11.5% of muscle
3. Intracellular water of muscle tissue decreased, on
the contrary. Intracellular water in resting control
muscle was 57.5% and that in stimulated muscle
was 53.3% of muscle weight.
4. Other values were: total circulating plasma volume
4.5% body weight , total circulating blood volume
8.5%. and total body thiocyanate space 38.2% body
weight in the nephrectomized rat.
5. Water shift in stimulated muscle was discussed.