S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 04 No.2 (1963)
장관폐색증에 관한 통계적 관찰 : Statistical Observation on the Intestinal Obstruction
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med, Vol.4 No.2, pp. 47-49
- 1. The author conducted analytical examinations of
176 cases of intestinal obstruction, which have been
treated for the past three years at the department.
2. This study has been conducted based on such
clinical records as sex, age. chief complaints, symtoms,
causes , localities of obstruction, surgical procedures,
results of operation, etc.
3. The most frequent cause was adhesion resulting
from surgical operation. This shows a marked contrast
as compared with the most frequent or the second
most frequent causes , i.e. incarcerated hernia, in
European countries. It is the authors opinion that
careful attention must be paid to adhesion following
4. Congenital anomalies in the intestinal tracts in
infants including intussusception were not infrequent.
5. It has been concluded that careful review of
nutritional problems following resection of long
intestinal segment is necessary.
6. Intestinal obstructions resulting from mesenteric
thrombosis were also frequent.