S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 01 No.3 (1960)
비소제의 백일해균 발육억제에 관한 연구 : Studies on the Bacteriostatic Effect of Arsenicals to H. Pertussis in Vitro
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med, Vol.1 No.3, pp. 89-91
- Authors investigated bacteriostatic effect of arsenic·
als such as arsenious acid, osvarsan, neoarsphenamine,
mapharsen to H.pertussis and simultaneously to Staph.
aureus, E. coli, Pseudo. pyocyanea , Sh. dysetenriae and
S. typhi and following results were obtained.
1) Trivalent inorganic arsenic , arseious acid was ba·
cteriostatic even in the concentration of O. 01%dilution
to H. Pertussis and the effect of trivalent erganic ars·
enicals, neoarsphenamine and mapharsen was comparable
to that. Whereas, pentavalent organic arsenicals,
carbarsone and osvarsan was muchless effective as
compared with them.
2) Generally , H. pertussis was most sensitive to the
arsenicals, next to this was S. typhi.
3) P. pyocyanea was least sensitive to arsenicals.
Staphylococcus and other enteric group had place between
H. pertussis and P. pyocyanea in their sensiti·
vity to the arsenicals.