S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Orthopedic Surgery (정형외과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_정형외과학전공)
Synovial Osteochondromatosis of the Cervical Spine: A Case Report1
경추에 발생한 일차성 윤활연골종증: 증례 보고
- Chee, Choong Guen; Lee, Joon Woo; Lee, Guen Young; Yeom, Jin S.; Choe, Gheeyoung; Kang, Heung Sik
- Issue Date
- Korean Society of Radiology
- Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, vol.70 no.5, pp. 379-383
- Cervical Spine; Primary Synovial Osteochondromatosis; Computed Tomography; Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/) which permits unrestricted non-commercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Synovial osteochondromatosis is a rare, benign condition characterized by formation
of cartilaginous nodules within the synovium. It rarely occurs at cervical spine, and
only six cases have been previously reported in the English literature. We describe another
case of synovial osteochondromatosis in the cervical spine in a 77-year-old man
who presented with compressive myelopathy. Here we briefly review the literature
and discuss the differential diagnosis based on CT and MR findings.
- Files in This Item: