S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dermatology (피부과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_피부과학전공)
Expression of androgen and estrogen receptors in human scalp mesenchymal cells in vitro
- Yoo, Hyeon Gyeong; Won, Chong Hyun; Lee, Se Rah; Kwon, Oh Sang; Kim, Kyu Han; Eun, Hee Chul; Cho, Kwang Hyun
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Arch Dermatol Res. 2007 Mar;298(10):505-9.
- Adult; Cells, Cultured; Estrogen Receptor alpha/*metabolism; Estrogen Receptor beta/*metabolism; Hair Follicle/growth & development; Humans; Male; Mesoderm/cytology/*metabolism; Receptors, Androgen/*metabolism; Scalp/cytology/*metabolism
- The expression levels of sex hormone receptors were identified to be different in human mesenchymal cells [dermal papilla cell (DPC), dermal sheath cell (DSC), dermal fibroblast and (DF)] from occipital scalps. Transcriptional and translational activities of androgen receptor (AR) and estrogen receptor beta (ERbeta) were most intensely expressed in DPC, followed by DSC and DF. On the contrary, estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) was shown with the strongest positivity in DSC, succeeded by DPC and DF subsequently. Immunocytochemical staining showed the similar expression to previous patterns. Our results suggest that the expression levels of ER subtypes and AR may be important for the regulation of follicular mesenchymal cells in human scalp. Further studies of the interactions of hormones and receptors in human hair follicles are required to promote our understanding of the effects of sex hormones on hair biology.
- 0340-3696 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.