S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Nanomaterial‐based soft electronics for healthcare applications
- Choi, Changsoon; Choi, Moon Kee; Hyeon, Taeghwan; Kim, Dae-Hyeong
- Issue Date
- Chemnanomat, Vol.2 No.11, pp.1006-1017
- flexible electronics; implantable devices; minimally invasive surgical tools; nanomaterials; wearable electronics
- Soft electronic devices, particularly for healthcare applications, have been intensively studied over the past decade owing to their unique advantages over conventional rigid electronics. These advantages include conformal contacts on target tissues such as the skin, heart, and brain along with a high deformability that minimizes unwanted inflammatory responses. To achieve mechanically soft but multifunctional high performance electronics for wearable and implantable biomedical devices, several strategies have been employed including designed assembly of high quality nanomaterials, the combination of unconventional manufacturing processes with existing microprocessing technologies, new device designs with deformable structures, and disease-specific system-level integration of diverse soft electronics. In this Focus Review, we summarize recent advances in soft electronic devices for healthcare applications. More specifically, we describe assembly methods for various nanomaterials, new device designs and integration strategies, their applications to textile-based and skin-attached wearable electronics, and their incorporation in fully and/or minimally invasive medical devices. Finally, this review concludes with a brief description on the future direction of healthcare applications using nanomaterial-based soft bioelectronics.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)