S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Effects of lithium salts on thermal stabilities of lithium alkyl carbonates in SEI layer
- Ryou, Myung-Hyun; Lee, Je-Nam; Lee, Dong Jin; Kim, Wan-Keun; Jeong, You Kyeong; Choi, Jang Wook; Park, Jung-Ki; Lee, Yong Min
- Issue Date
- Electrochimica Acta, Vol.83, pp.259-263
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC); Lithium alkyl carbonate; Lithium ion batteries; Solid electrolyte interphase (SEI) layer; Thermal stability
- With the aim of attaining a better understanding of the thermal stabilities of solid electrolyte interphase (SEI) layers with lithium salts, a series of lithium alkyl carbonates, including lithium methyl carbonate (LMC) and lithium ethyl carbonate (LEC), were synthesized as model reference SEI components. The effects of the lithium salts, lithium hexafluorophosphate (LiPF6) and lithium bis(oxalate) borate (LiBOB), on the thermal stabilities of the lithium alkyl carbonates were then investigated via the differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) method. It was demonstrated that small and broad exothermic peaks near 100 degrees C for pure lithium alkyl carbonates were drastically increased, likely due to vigorous synergic exothermal reactions between the lithium alkyl carbonates and LiPF6. In contrast, LiBOB did not show increased peaks. (C) 2012 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.