S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Sheet Hydroforming of Woven FRT Composites: Non-orthogonal Constitutive Equation Considering Shear Stiffness and Undulation of Woven Structure
- Yu, Woong Ryeol; Zampaloni, Mike; Chung, Kwansoo; Kang, Tae Jin; Pourboghrat, Farhang
- Issue Date
- Compos. Struct. 61(2003), pp. 353-362
- Hydroforming; Woven composites; Non-orthogonal constitutive equation; Undulation geometry; Wrinkle
- For the simulation of sheet hydroforming for the shaping of woven fabric reinforced thermo-plastic (FRT) composites, a nonorthogonal
constitutive model was developed based on a homogenization method by considering the microstructures of composites
including mechanical and structural properties of the fabric reinforcement. This model is modified to capture the wrinkling behavior
due to the undulation geometry of the woven structure and shear stiffness at the crossover of the warp and weft yarns of woven FRT
composites. The model was implemented in an explicit dynamic finite element code to analyze the forming behavior of woven FRT
during the stamp thermo-hydroforming process. Wrinkling behavior was investigated based on the application of a counteracting
fluid pressure and changes to the initial blank shape.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.