S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Prediction of Effective Thermal Conductivities of Fibre Reinforced Composites using a Thermal-Electrical Analogy
- Cho, Young Jun; Youn, Jae Ryoun; Kang, Tae Jin; Kim, Sung Min
- Issue Date
- Poly. & Poly. Comp., 13 (2004), 637
- Mineral fiber; Thermal properties; Theoretical study; Electrical mode; Thermal model; Woven material; Fiber reinforced material; Epoxy resin; Graphite fiber; Thermal stability; Fiber orientation; Laminate; Composite material; Thermal conductivity
- Anapproach for predicting the effective thermal conductivities of fibre rein forced composites has been developed. based on a thermal-electrical analogy. In the boxelization method, the unit cell of the laminate composites is divided into a number of volume elements, and the material properties considering the local variations of fibre orientation have been given to each element. By constructing a series-parallel thermal resistance network, the thermal conductivities of a fibre reinforced composite in both in-plane and out-of-plane directions have been predicted. The reported thermal conductivities of a graphite/epoxy composite of a balanced plain weave laminate were used for the comparison with the predicted values of the model, and good agreement was found.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.