S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Optimum Modeling of 3-D Circular Braided Composites.
- Jung, Kyungho; KIM, SUNG JUN; KANG, TAE JIN; Chung, Kwansoo; Youn, Jae Ryoun
- Issue Date
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- SME Technical Papers, 34, 1-8, (2004)
- An effective geometric modeling is developed in order so that precise material
properties of the 3-D circular-braided composite can be estimated. Most
researchers of this field use straight lines to describe their yarn paths in the
braided composite unit cell. However, in this study, yarn paths are described as
curved lines using third-order spline, which are close to real geometric formation
of the 3-D braided composite. Unit cells should be classified into several different
categories because of a specificity of the 3-D braided composite. Particularly, in
terms of 3-D circular-braided composites, a couple of unit cells can be taken.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.