S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Microbiology (미생물학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_미생물학전공)
Decreased serum level of antibody against human cytomegalovirus in patients with Behcet's disease
- Lee, Eun Bong; Kwon, Ye Jin; Shin, Ki Chul; Song, Yeong Wook; Park, Chung-Gyu; Hwang, Eung-Soo; Cha, Chang-Yong
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Rheumatol Int. 2005 Jan;25(1):33-6. Epub 2003 Nov 5.
- Adult; Antibodies, Viral/blood/*immunology; Behcet Syndrome/*immunology/pathology/virology; Cytomegalovirus/*immunology/isolation & purification; Cytomegalovirus Infections/complications/*immunology/pathology; Female; Fluorescent Antibody Technique, Indirect; Humans; Immunoglobulins/blood; Lupus Erythematosus, Systemic/immunology; Male; Scleroderma, Systemic/immunology
- Behcet's disease (BD) is a connective tissue disorder characterized by recurrent orogenital ulcer, uveitis, and skin lesions. Recurrent aphthous ulcer is associated with human cytomegalovirus (HCMV). To investigate the possible role of HCMV in BD, we measured the titers of IgG, IgM, and IgA anti-HCMV antibodies in 73 Korean patients with BD, 50 with scleroderma, 70 with systemic lupus erythematosus, and 50 from healthy controls by indirect immunofluorescent staining. The titer of IgG anti-HCMV antibody was significantly lower in patients with BD than in controls (geometric mean 3115.4 vs 9687.6, P = 0.0001 by Wilcoxon's rank sum test), as was the titer of IgA anti-HCMV antibody (geometric mean 1.9 vs 15.7, P = 0.0001, Wilcoxon's rank sum test). In conclusion, we found significantly lower antibody responses to HCMV in patients with BD.
- 0172-8172 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.