S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Preventive Medicine (예방의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_예방의학전공)
Meta- and pooled analyses of the cytochrome P-450 1B1 Val432Leu polymorphism and breast cancer: a HuGE-GSEC review
- Paracchini, Valentina; Raimondi, Sara; Gram, Inger T.; Kang, Daehee; Kocabas, Neslihan A.; Kristensen, Vessela N.; Li, Donghui; Parl, Fritz F.; Rylander-Rudqvist, Tove; Soucek, Pavel; Zheng, Wei; Wedren, Sara; Taioli, Emanuela
- Issue Date
- Oxford University Press
- Am J Epidemiol. 2007 Jan 15;165(2):115-25. Epub 2006 Oct 19.
- Aryl Hydrocarbon Hydroxylases/*genetics; Breast Neoplasms/*genetics; Female; Humans; *Polymorphism, Genetic; RNA, Neoplasm/*genetics; Tumor Markers, Biological/*genetics
- The association between the cytochrome P-450 1B1 (CYP1B1) Val432Leu polymorphism and breast cancer was assessed through a meta-analysis of all published case-control studies and a pooled analysis of both published and unpublished case-control studies from the Genetic Susceptibility to Environmental Carcinogens (GSEC) database ( www.upci.upmc.edu/research/ccps/ccontrol/g_intro.html ). GSEC is a collaborative project that gathers information on studies of metabolic gene polymorphisms and cancer. Thirteen articles were included in the meta-analysis (14,331 subjects; 7,514 cases, 6,817 controls); nine data sets were included in the pooled analysis (6,842 subjects; 3,391 cases, 3,451 controls). A summary meta- or pooled estimate of the association between the CYP1B1 Val432Leu polymorphism and breast cancer could not be calculated because of statistically significant heterogeneity in the point estimates among studies. No association between the CYP1B1 Val432Leu polymorphism and breast cancer was observed in Asians (for Val/Val and Val/Leu combined, odds ratio (OR) = 1.0, 95% confidence interval (CI): 0.8, 1.2). An inverse association was observed in populations of mixed/African origin (OR = 0.8, 95% CI: 0.7, 0.9). The pooled analysis suggested a possible association in Caucasians (for Val/Val and Val/Leu combined, OR = 1.5, 95% CI: 1.1, 2.1), with effect modification across age categories. The observed effect of age on the association in Caucasians indicates that further studies are needed on the role of CYP1B1 Val432Leu in estrogen metabolism according to age, ethnicity, and menopausal status.
- 0002-9262 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.