현대 중국의 경제구조 변화와 소성진(小城鎭) 사회문화 체제의 재편성에 따른 사회보장제도의 변화 - 강소성(江蘇省), 절강성(浙江省) 지역을 중심으로
THE CHANGES OF SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM WITH ECONOMIC REFORM AND THE SOCIAL-CULTURAL CHANGES IN SMALL TOWNS IN CONTEMPORARY CHINA: WITH REFERENCE TO JIANGSU AND ZHEJIANG PROVINCES
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 국제지역원
- 국제지역연구, Vol.07 No.1, pp. 45-62
- The purpose of this study was to explore the changes of social security system with economic reform and the social-cultural changes of small towns in contemporary China through the field study in Jiangsu and Zhejiang Provinces. To achieve this goal, firstly, this paper examined the tendency of social security system in contemporary China. And secondly, this paper analyzed the characteristics of changes of social security system in small towns. Finally, this paper examined carefully the directions for future development of social security system in small towns.
The major findings of this study are as follows:
(1) Social security system in small towns has been set up for the privileged minority of state-run enterprise workers, while the rest of the population are either left to fend for themselves or to depend on an irregular and poorly constituted local government assistance program.
(2) The administration of the social security system in small towns lacked systematic control and the different parts did not correlate with each another. But, in some small towns, a new social security organization was created to take charge of the planning and co-ordination of all social insurance, social welfare and social relief programs.
(3) In spite of the development of Xiangzhen Industry, social relief lagged behind other aspects of the social security system. Thus it is very important to distribute resource or non-contributory income supplements to low-income households.
(4) The source of funding came almost entirely from the state and lacked variety. Funds should thus be built up for different purposes and be raised from various sources including the state, small enterprises or society, and individuals