S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Industrial Engineering (산업공학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_산업공학과)
Towards real-time optimal VP management for ATM nets
- Chung, Sung-Jin; Hong, Sung-Pil; Song, Hae-Goo
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Telecommunication Systems 14 (2000) 219-242
- The original publication is available at www.springerlink.com.
- We propose a mathematical model for VP configuration to find an optimal logical network topology of a given ATM-based B-ISDN. The model is essentially identical to the model roposed earlier by Kim  which finds a virtual path configuration in which an optimal trade-off is achieved among the relevant gains of ATM technology. Unlike Kim’s model, however, our model explicitly considers the VP’s QoS to enhance the practicality and the bandwidth utilization. A difficulty is to find an efficient solution technique as it involves a large-scale intractable optimization problem. We propose a heuristic algorithm tailored to the computational structure of the model. A computational experiment shows that the algorithm finds good solutions in dramatically reduced computation time compared to the existing algorithm. This suggests the possibility of a real-time VP management system in which the optimal VP configuration is implemented on-line with a dynamic routing (e.g.,LLR), to maintain the optimality of the current solutions.
- 1018-4864 (print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.