S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Cure Behavior of the Liquid-Crystalline Epoxy/Carbon Nanotube System and the Effect of Surface Treatment of Carbon Fillers on Cure Reaction
- Bae, Joonwon; Jang, Jyongsik; Yoon, Seong-Ho
- Issue Date
- Macromol. Chem. Phys. 2002, 203, 2196–2204
- carbon black; carbon nanotube; curing; liquid-crystalline epoxy (LCE); liquid-crystalline polymers (LCP); surface oxidation
- The FT-IR spectra of carbon nanotubes (CN)
and oxidated carbon nanotubes were obtained using diffuse
reflection Fourier-transform infrared (DRIFT) spectroscopy.
The cure behavior of the liquid-crystalline epoxy (LCE)/CN
and the LCE/carbon black (CB) systems were investigated.
The effect of surface treatment of the carbon nanotube on the
cure behavior in the LCE/CN system was investigated with
differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), and was compared
with those of the CB. The heat of cure in the LCE/CN system
was higher than that in the LCE/CB system. The activation
energy was dependent on the concentration of the curing
agent. The activation energies for the cure reaction were decreased
as a result of surface treatment of carbon materials. It
was possible to promote the curing reaction by the surface
treatment of the carbon nanotube without decreasing the heat
of cure. The isothermal kinetic parameters were obtained
from the Kamal equation.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.