S-Space College of Business Administration/Business School (경영대학/대학원) Dept. of Business Administration (경영학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_경영학과)
Characterizing international competitiveness in international business research: A MASI approach to national competitiveness
- Cho, Dong-Sung; Moon, Hwy-Chang; Kim, Min-Young
- Issue Date
- Research in International Business and Finance 22(2), 175-192
- National competitiveness; MASI; Dual double diamond model; Country groupings; Strategy simulation
- As one of two main players in international business, countries have a great influence on competitiveness of multinational corporations (MNCs). This article introduces a MASI methodology to systematically incorporate location-specific factors as sources of competitive advantage into the realm of international business research. The MASI approach provides (1) the dual double diamond (DDD) model for measuring national competitiveness (measure); (2) the 3 × 3 framework for classifying country groups (analyze); (3) an application of business strategy models (cost versus differentiation) to the analysis of national competitiveness (simulate); (4) a series of viable strategies to enhance national competitiveness (implement). Empirical analyses with the MASI methodology of 66 countries demonstrate the validity of the DDD model, features of national competitiveness, and implications for MNCs to enhance competitive advantages.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.