S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 12 No.4 (1971)
폐암의 외과적 요법
Primary Cancer of the Lung: Analysis of 118 Cases
- 노준량; 조중행; 양기민; 한용철; 이영균
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med, Vol.12 No.4, pp. 227-233
- Among 139 cases of lung cancer diagnosed at the Department of Thoracic Surgery, Seoul National
University Hospital during the 15 year period from
January, 1957 till October, 1971, the 118 cases whose
clinical course and various data were accurately
recorded were reviewed in this study.
The obtained data are as follows.
1) Analysis on the age-incidence of the 118 cases
showed that 91. 4%(108 cases) were over 41 years
of age and male femal ratio was 6.3:1, showing
remarkable male perponderance.
2) The average duration of clinical symptoms prior
to the first examination at the hospital was 22
weeks and the most frequent chief complaints on
the inital visit was coughing in 72.0% .
3) Thoracotomy was performed in 69 cases (58.4%)
of the 118 cases and rescetion was performed in
41 cases (34.7%).
Among the inoperable cases, metastasis to cervical
Iymphodes was noticed in 20 cases and metastasis
to supraclavicular lyrnphnodes was noticed in
4) Histopathological diagnosis was possible in 103 of
the 118 cases and 46.6% of the histologically
diagnosed cases were found to be squamous cell