S-Space College of Dentistry/School of Dentistry (치과대학/치의학대학원) Dept. of Dentistry (치의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_치의학과)
In vitro evaluation of the sealing ability of newly developed calcium phosphate-based root canal sealer
- Kum, Kee-Yeon; Yang, Sung-Eun; Baek, Seung-Ho; Lee, Woo-Cheol; Bae, Kwang-Shik
- Issue Date
- Journal of Endodontics 2007;33:978-981
- anaerobic bacterial leakage model; calcium phosphate -based root canal sealer; FE-SEM; prevotella nigrescens
- This study compared the sealing ability of newly developed calcium phosphate–based root canal sealers (CAPSEAL I, CAPSEAL II) with other calcium phosphate–based sealer (Sankin Apatite Root Canal Sealer: SARCS I, SARCS III), a resin-based sealer (AH Plus), a ZOE-based sealer (Pulp Canal Sealer EWT), and a calcium hydroxide–based sealer (Sealapex) by using an anaerobic bacterial leakage model with Prevotella nigrescens during a 90-day observation period (n = 15/group). SARCS I and III had significantly greater leakage with P. nigrescens than all other groups (P < .05). There was no other statistical difference between the sealers. Field emission–scanning electron microscope observations showed that both CAPSEAL I and II sealers were well-adapted to the canal wall and infiltrated into the dentinal tubules.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.