S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Tunable polymer waveguide Bragg filter fabricated by direct patterning of UV-curable polymer
- Nam, Sung-Hyun; Kang, Jae-Wook; Kim, Jang-Joo
- Issue Date
- Opt. Commun. 266 (2006) 332
- Polymeric wavelength filters; Thermo-optical materials; Gratings; Proximate-contact lithography; Tunable
- Tunable polymer wavelength filters are demonstrated using a silicon-nitride grating which gives high refractive index contrast with polymers. The polymer waveguides are defined using direct patterning of a liquid-state UV-curable polymer by proximate-contact lithography technique. The wavelength filter exhibits a narrow bandwidth of less than 1.0 nm and a transmission dip of more than −15 dB. The peak wavelength is shifted over 10 nm in the temperature range of 25–70 °C and the thermal tuning efficiency is −0.212 nm/°C.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.