S-Space College of Dentistry/School of Dentistry (치과대학/치의학대학원) Dept. of Dentistry (치의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_치의학과)
The influence of X ray beam angulation on the fractal analysis of trabecular architecture in human dry mandible using standardized tile counting method
- Lee, Kyung-Hee; Lee, Sun-Bok; An, Chang-Hyeon; Heo, Min-Suk; Yi, Won-Jin; Huh, Kyung-Hoe; Park, Moo-Soon; Lee, Sam-Sun; Choi, Soon-Chul
- Issue Date
- Korean J Oral Maxillofac Radiol 2004;34:179-183
- - Purpose: The purpose of this study is to examine the effects of X-ray beam angulation on the fractal dimension of trabecular bone structure of human dry mandible using the tile counting method. Materials and Methods: We divided 5 human dry mandibles into an angle and a molar groups depending on the regions and deciding the region of interest (ROI). When contrasted with the ROI, the inferior cortex was appointed to be low and the lines perpendicular to the buccal cortex were appointed to be the standard angle. Direct digital intraoral radiographs were obtained from 9 different projection angles. We analyzed statistically the fractal dimension using the tile counting method.
- Results: There was a statistically significant difference in the fractal dimension of the regions and the mandibles, but there was no statistically significant difference in the fractal dimension according to the X-ray beam angulation.
- Conclusion : There is no statistically significant effect of the angle of the projection on the fractal dimension of trabecular bone structure of a human dry mandible according to the tile counting method.