S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Pathology (병리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_병리학전공)
T1 및 T2 유방암의 유방보존수술 후에 동측 유방내 국소재발의 위험 요인 분석
Factors Affecting the Ipsilateral Breast Tumor Recurrence after Breast Conserving Therapy in Patients with T1 and T2 Tumors
- 김지훈; 한원식; 문형곤; 고은영; 이종원; 김은규; 박인애; 하성환; 지의규; 오승근; 윤여규; 김성원; 황기태; 노동영
- Issue Date
- KOREAN BREAST CANCER SOC
- JOURNAL OF BREAST CANCER; Vol.12 4; 324-330
- Age factors; Local neoplasm recurrence; Breast conserving therapy; Breast neoplasms; 젊은연령; 유방암; 유방보존수술; 국소재발
- 본 논문은 2008년 대한외과학회 추계학술대회에서 구연 발표되었음.
- Purpose: Nearly half of all breast cancers are treated with breast conserving therapy (BCT). The purpose of this study was to identify the risk factors for ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence (IBTR) after BCT in T1 and T2 breast cancer patients. Methods: The medical records of 294 T1 or T2 breast cancer patients who underwent BCT at Seoul National University Hospital between January 1998 and December 2002 were retrospectively reviewed. Kaplan-Meier curves and Cox proportional regression analysis were used to identify the significant clinicopathologic factors that influence IBTR. Results: Among the 294 patients, 12 patients (4.8%) developed IBTR after a median follow-up of 82 months. Univariate analysis demonstrated that younger age (<= 35 year) had significant associations with IBTR (p=0.006). Tumor size, lymph node status, histologic grade, extensive intraductal component, lymphovascular invasion, and close resection margins were not significant factor associated with IBTR. The triple negative breast cancer subtype also did not have significant association with IBTR. Multivariate analysis showed that the younger age at diagnosis was a significant predictor of IBTR with a FIR of 3.86 (p=0.036; 95% CI, 1.09-13.60). Conclusion: Younger age at diagnosis (<= 35) may be associated with an increased risk of IBTR in patients who underwent BCT.