S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Internal Medicine (내과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_내과학전공)
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation after Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder
- Kim, Min Joo; Kim, Inho; Bae, Hyun-Mi; Seo, Kyungsuk; Yoon, Sung-Soo; Kim, Byoung Kook; Park, Seonyang; Park, Namjun
- Issue Date
- KOREAN ACAD MEDICAL SCIENCES
- JOURNAL OF KOREAN MEDICAL SCIENCE; Vol.25 5; 781-784
- Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder; Liver Transplantation; Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
- A 16-yr-old girl received liver transplantation for fulminant hepatitis. Aplastic anemia developed, and she received hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT). Eleven months after liver transplantation, abdominal lymph node enlargement and colon ulcers were observed, and colon biopsy showed posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder (PTLD). Immunosuppression reduction was attempted, but it produced no therapeutic effect. Fourteen months after liver transplantation, she received a second HSCT due to engraftment failure, and PTLD resolved completely. The second HSCT can serve as cellular therapy for PTLD.