S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Obstetrics & Gynecology (산부인과전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_산부인과학전공)
A comparative study on the outcomes of in vitro fertilization between women with polycystic ovary syndrome and those with sonographic polycystic ovary-only in GnRH antagonist cycles
- Kim, Yong Jin; Ku, Seung-Yup; Jee, Byung Chul; Suh, Chang Suk; Choi, Young Min; Moon, Shin Yong; Kim, Jung Gu; Kim, Seok Hyun
- Issue Date
- SPRINGER HEIDELBERG
- ARCHIVES OF GYNECOLOGY AND OBSTETRICS; Vol.282 2; 199-205
- Polycystic ovary syndrome; Sonographic polycystic ovary-only; Controlled ovarian hyperstimulation; In vitro fertilization
- This study was performed to compare the outcomes of controlled ovarian stimulation (COH) and IVF between women with PCOS and those with sonographic PCO-only in GnRH antagonist cycles. This was a retrospective study of women with PCOS (n = 42) and those with sonographic PCO-only (n = 54) undergoing IVF. Responses to COH, adverse events such as severe ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), embryological and pregnancy outcomes were compared between the two groups using GnRH antagonist cycles and between GnRH agonist and antagonist protocols in the two groups, respectively. There were no differences in the duration of stimulation, dose of gonadotropins used, E(2) level on hCG day, numbers of retrieved oocytes, and incidence of sever OHSS between PCOS and sonographic PCO-only groups, which was also observed both in GnRH agonist and antagonist subgroups. Pregnancy rates between PCOS and sonographic PCO-only groups in GnRH agonist (21.7 vs. 34.4%, P = 0.238) and antagonist (26.3 vs 22.7%, P = 0.537) subgroups did not differ. In regard to COH regimen, GnRH agonist long protocols showed higher responses than antagonist protocols both in PCOS group [number of retrieved oocytes (13.2 +/- A 5.8 vs. 8.2 +/- A 3.2, P < 0.001)] and sonographic PCO-only group [number of retrieved oocytes (13.7 +/- A 5.2 vs. 9.2 +/- A 6.7, P = 0.008); E(2) level on hCG day (3,005.1 +/- A 1,317.1 vs. 1,525.9 +/- A 738.6 pg/mL, P < 0.001)]. Women with PCOS and sonographic PCO-only may have similar outcome during COH cycle for IVF.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.