S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Anatomy (해부학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_해부학전공)
Phylogenetic analysis for the Seoul National University (Minnesota) miniature pig by mitochondrial DNA sequence polymorphism
- Yeom, Su-Cheong; Kong, Dae-Young; Park, Chung-Gyu; Lee, Byeong-Chun; Lee, Wang-Jae
- Issue Date
- WILEY-BLACKWELL PUBLISHING, INC
- ANIMAL SCIENCE JOURNAL; Vol.81(2); 276-279
- Seoul National University (SNU) miniature pigs are originated from the Minnesota miniature pig. This study was conducted to investigate the maternal origin of SNU (Minnesota) miniature pigs and their phylogenetic relationships by analyzing the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) D-loop (control region) sequence. Two mtDNA D-loop sequences of the SNU miniature pigs were identified. On an unweighted pair-group method with an arithmetic mean (UPGMA) phylogenetic tree analysis, the large white was the pig breed closest to the SNU miniature pig, and the pairwise distance analysis showed the same result. While mtDNA sequences of 4 pig breeds which were used to establish Minnesota miniature pig were not known, our result might be different from the history of the Minnesota miniature pig development. In conclusion, we thought that some haplotypes of the Minnesota miniature pig maternally were originated from the Large white pig, or that wild pigs had similar mtDNA sequences to the Large white pig, and all SNU miniature pigs were derived from this colony.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.