S-Space College of Social Sciences (사회과학대학) Institute for Korean Regional Studies (국토문제연구소) 지리학논총 (Journal of Geography) 지리학논총 Volume 10 (1983)
二次元의 僞鍾乳洞에 關한 洞窟微地形學的 硏究 - 天然記念物 236號로 指定된 黃金窟을 中心으로-
A Study on the Binary Appearance in Pseudo Limestone Cavern
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 국토문제연구소
- 지리학논총, Vol.10, pp. 291-304
- This paper is a study on the duality of speleothem that appeared in “Hyeob Jae Cave” which is designated as the natural monument; No.236. It is located at Hyeob Jae Ri, Hanrim Eub, Bug Je-ju Gun, Je-ju do.
The fidings are as follows.
1. The distribution range of the shelly sand which has maximum thickness of 10m± and average of 3m± was 3.2km²
2. The desert hollow acted to promote the speleothem deposits in the lava tunnel with lava mound formed by lavapilz and artificial breaksand wall.
3. The main component of the pseudo limestone cavern was carbonate Calcium from shelly sand. And the deposition of speleothem in the Cave was accelerated after the volcanic erupsion of Biyang Island in 1002. A.D. 4. The secondary depositions of Calcite recognized as speleothem up to now it can be used for the pseudo karst in general. 5. It seems that the variety of the cave deposits is decided depending upon the geology, land form, climate, vegetations and the structural environmental factors. 6. It seems that the wondering development of accretionary deposits caused by encrusting has a close relation with intermittent seepage of ground water. 7. Finally, we can acknowledge the coexistent duality of speleothem by shelly sand along with the joint and the lava stalactites formed at the same time with the lava tunnel on the ceiling where there was no seepage.