S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 07 No.1 (1966)
Toxic effect of Non-Poisonous Snake Plasma on Various Animal Cells In Vitro and In Vivo
한국산 무독사혈청의 각종동물세포 및 마우스에 대한 독성
- Lee, Ho Wang; Kee, Ryong Sook
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med 1966;7(1):1-6
- According to the test of the plasma from 265
non-poisonous common snakes of Korea, the
plasma showed strong toxic effect on vanous
animal cells, and IC inoculation of the plasma
into mice showed lethal effec t.
1) The snake plasma induced strong hemolysis
of chick, human, mouse, rabbit and sheep RBC
up to dilution of 1:100.
2) The hemolytic ability of the plasma was completely
destroyed by heating at 51°C for 30
The cytotoxic effect on various tissue culture
cells was completely destroyed by heating at
47°C for 30 minutes.
3) This toxic substance was seen neither an enzyme nor an exotoxin-like substance. The
plasma treated with ethyl ether lost the toxicity
4) Intracerebral inoculation of the snake plasma
into mice showed imm려iate lethal action.