S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 22 No.1 (1981)
폐쇄성 수두증을 동반한 두개강내 기생충 질환의 연구
Clinical Study on Obstructive Hydrocephalus caused by parasitic infections
- 한대희; 김현집
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med, Vol.22 No.1, pp. 111-116
- The authors analysed 20 patients of obstructive
hydrocephalus caused by parasitic infections who were
admitted to the Department of Neurosurgery, Seoul
National University Hospital, from 1970 to 1980.
The followings were obtained;
1. There were 17 cases of cysticercosis and 3 cases
2. In age distribution, there were two peaks of age ,
second decade and middle age (30~50). There was
no significant difference between sexes.
3. The most frequent site of obstruction was at
the fourth ventricle and the outlets of the fourth
4. As other hydrocephalus, the most frequent complaints
were headache and vomiting. But patients
often had fluctuating symptoms with change of position
or motion of the head.
5. There was a low relative frequency of obstructive
hydrocephalus in paragonimiasis in view of
cerebral paragonimiasis in Korea.
6. There was a difference in patterns of obstruction,
in cystcercosis usually by intraventricular parasites,
and in paragonimiasis by extraventricular parasites.