S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Pathology (병리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_병리학전공)
Malignant Triton tumour mistaken for pituitary adenoma
- Kim, K. M.; Park, C. K.; Park, S. H.; Paek, S. H.; Kim, D. G.; Jung, H. W.
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Acta Neurochir (Wien) 149(12):1265-1267
- Adenoma/*diagnosis/pathology/surgery; Cell Transformation, Neoplastic/pathology; Disease Progression; Diagnostic Errors; Incidental Findings; Ki-67 Antigen/analysis; Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Myogenin/analysis; Myoglobin/analysis; Neoplasm Invasiveness; Neoplasm Recurrence, Local/surgery; Nerve Sheath Neoplasms/*diagnosis/pathology/surgery; Palliative Care; Neurilemmoma/*diagnosis/pathology/surgery; Pituitary Neoplasms/*diagnosis/pathology/surgery; Radiosurgery; Rhabdomyosarcoma/*diagnosis/pathology/surgery; Reoperation; S100 Proteins/analysis; Sphenoid Sinus/pathology/surgery; Tumor Markers, Biological/analysis
- Malignant Triton tumour(MTT) refers to the combination of a malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumour(MPNST) with rhabdomyosarcomatous elements . There has been only one case report in which intrasellar MPNST originated from the malignant transformation of an intrasellar schwannoma . We report another rare example of a MTT which was mistaken for pituitary adenoma because of its location.
- 0942-0940 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.