S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Pathology (병리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_병리학전공)
Clear-cell ependymoma of the cerebellum: a case report
- Kim, Ji Hoon; Cho, Byung-Kyu; Kim, In-One; Park, Sung-Hye
- Issue Date
- Taylor & Francis
- Ultrastruct Pathol 2007;31(3):241-247.
- Cerebellar Neoplasms/chemistry/*pathology/therapy; Combined Modality Therapy; Ependymoma/chemistry/*pathology/therapy; Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein/analysis; Glycogen/ultrastructure; Intermediate Filaments/ultrastructure; Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Microscopy, Electron, Transmission; Mucin-1/analysis; Treatment Outcome; Tumor Markers, Biological/analysis
- A case of clear-cell ependymoma occurring in the cerebellum of a 3-year-old girl is reported. Light-microscopically, the tumor consisted mainly of clear cells with a perinuclear halo and showed some vague perivascular pseudorosettes, not true rosettes. In addition, the histological features of anaplasia, characterized by increased mitosis and focal pseudopalisading necrosis, were also observed. Immunohistochemically, the tumor cells were focally positive for glial fibrillary acidic protein and weakly positive for epithelial membrane antigen. Ultrastructurally, the intermediate junctions and rudimentary cilia confirmed the ependymal differentiation. Fifteen cases of infratentorial clear-cell ependymoma have been reported to date, and this case is the second childhood tumor among them, to the best of the authors' knowledge.
- 1521-0758 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.