S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Pathology (병리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_병리학전공)
Synovial sarcoma of primary bone origin: a rare case in a rare site with atypical features
- Jung, Seung Chai; Choi, Jung-Ah; Chung, Jin-Haeng; Oh, Joo Han; Lee, Joon Woo; Kang, Heung Sik
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Skeletal Radiol 2007;36(1):67-71.
- Bone Neoplasms/*pathology/*radiography/therapy; Sarcoma, Synovial/*pathology/*radiography/therapy; *Tibia; Female
- Synovial sarcoma of bone origin is extremely rare and difficult to diagnose. We present a case in which the lesion arose in the cortex of the distal tibia. It showed heterogeneous intermediate signal intensity on T1-weighted images and heterogeneous intermediate to low signal intensity on T2-weighted images with heterogeneous contrast enhancement on MRI. The lesion was confirmed as synovial sarcoma using a combination of histological and molecular genetic studies.
- 0364-2348 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.