S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Synthesis of Polymeric Temperature Sensor Based on Photophysical Property of Fullerene and Thermal Sensitivity of Poly(N-isopropylacrylamide)
- Jo, Wonho; Lee, Jaeuk; Kim, Dooyoung; Hong, sungwoo
- Issue Date
- American Chemical Society
- Macromolecules 2009, 42, 2756.
- Two types of temperature sensor which have pyrene (Pyr) and fullerene (C60) attached to poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) (PNIPAM) are synthesized, and their thermal sensitivities are examined in terms of the fluorescence quenching efficiency of C60: One is pyrene−poly(N-isopropylacrylamide)−fullerene (Pyr-PNIPAM-C60) which has Pyr and C60 attached to each chain end of PNIPAM, and the other is pyrene−poly(N-isopropylacrylamide-co-fullerenylethyl methacrylate) (Pyr-P(NIPAM-co-C60)) which has Pyr attached to one chain end of PNIAPM and two C60s attached onto PNIPAM backbone. Both of them exhibit the same conformational change from coil to globule at a specific temperature, which results in drastic on-and-off quenching efficiency. The quenching efficiency of Pyr-P(NIPAM-co-C60) is larger than Pyr-PNIPAM-C60, since Pyr-P(NIPAN-co-C60) has more C60s located closer to Pyr than Pyr-PNIPAM-C60. These C60-based thermosensitive polymers exhibit well-defined on-and-off behavior at a small change in temperature.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.