S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Radiology (영상의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_영상의학전공)
Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma arising from the internal auditory canal
- Chang, J M; Kwon, B J; Han, M H; Kang, H S; Chang, K H
- Issue Date
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2006;27:931-33
- Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma is a rare vascular tumor and locally aggressive endothelial-derived spindle cell neoplasm, which occurs almost exclusively in infants and adolescents. Radiologically, hemangioendothelioma, including Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma, is seen as a highly vascularized well-enhancing tumor, but no characteristic findings differentiate Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma from other soft-tissue tumors, particularly when the tumor is too small to have any locally aggressive features or identifiable large vessels. We present a case of Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma in the internal auditory canal that had no differential features on initial MR images and rapidly grew into a huge mass in a few months.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.